Project Engineer - Medical Device
We are looking for a talented individual to join our dynamic and diverse Keystone Product Development team located in Kalamazoo, Michigan. This motivated self-starter must have an engineering degree and product development and design experience. The individual must be capable of working with minimal supervision, have a "can do" attitude, possess creative problem solving skills and be willing to do "whatever it takes" to complete assigned tasks efficiently and effectively. Eligible candidates must have great attention to detail and be highly organized with the ability to multi task with minimum interruption to work progress. Excellent interpersonal skills while working with high customer visibility are also critical to success with this opportunity.
- Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is required. Engineering Technology degrees will not be accepted.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years post degree medical device engineering and product development experience.
- CAD experience is required. SolidWorks and/or ProEngineer experience is a plus.
- Ability to work from customer specifications and industry standards to develop products, create test plans, and support development efforts from concept to production.
- Experience with disposable products is a plus.
- Experience with implantable products is a plus.
- Plastic part design experience is a plus.
- Casting component design experience is a plus.
- Sheet metal component design experience is a plus.
- Finite Element Analysis and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics experience is a plus.
- Experience in coordinating suppliers and internal and external resources “to get it done”
- Experience writing test protocols and reports is a plus.
- Product performance, endurance, and life cycle testing experience is a plus.
- Proof of Degree and Transcripts should be provided upon request.
- U.S. Citizenship required.